PLEASE READ TO FOLLOWING REGARDING COMMUNITY RUGBY LEAGUE GAMES THIS WEEKEND
After receiving advice from the Qld Governments Return to Play Advisory Group, the QRL South East Region and the regions local leagues wish to advise the following;
1. Any person who has visited the effected locations identified by Queensland Health’s Contact Tracing Information page should not attend organised sport, active recreation or fitness venues. This includes all Rugby League venues across Queensland.
2. As a further precaution on Sunday 2nd of August no scheduled matches will be hosted at venues that surround the locations listed on the QLD Health contact information page.
The effected venues are:
• Brandon Park
• Civic Centre Park
• Greenbank Sports Recreation Club
• Grosvenor Park
• Mustangs Oval
• Noffke Park
• Warren Ritchie Sporting Complex
Although there is no specific public health order directing this the region is taking this proactive approach based on advice received from the Qld Governments Return to Play Advisory Group and the community concern that has been received.
The advisory group also strongly encouraged organisations operating within affected locations this weekend consider capacity to adhere to requirements outlined within Industry plans and health advice.
For any organisations within these locations Queensland Health are continuing to provide targeted advice, including avoiding unnecessary gathering and/or deferring events where appropriate.
In adopting this approach to managing the spread of COVID-19, the QRL South East region will continue to make decisions that prioritise the health and wellbeing of the South East Rugby League community in efforts to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
It is also very important to remember that under Stage 3 of the easing of restrictions, sport, active recreation and fitness activities and events must comply with an approved Industry COVID - safe plans.
The outdoor sports approved Industry COVID - safe plan is available here for your reference. Approved Industry Plans restrict access to anyone who has:
• COVID-19 or has been in direct contact with a known case of Covid-19 within the last 14 days
• Flu-like symptoms or who is a high health risk (e.g. due to age or pre-existing conditions)
• Travelled internationally
• Travelled to a COVID declared hotspot.
The region understands the challenges this decision presents and will continue to work closely with the regions local leagues on future fixturing when more information comes to hand.
Read memo here