A message from League Manager Scott Dunshea
As you may be aware, the QLD Premier announced increased restrictions for several Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Queensland. From 4pm Thursday 30 September 2021, the LGAs of Brisbane, Gold Coast, Logan, Moreton Bay, Townsville (including Magnetic Island) and Palm Island will revert back to Stage 2 restrictions as per the Roadmap. The increased restrictions have been put in place to ensure the ongoing safety of the Queensland community during this time.
Please ensure that all your members and stakeholders are aware of these new restrictions that have been put in place, majority of clubs have finished playing for season 2021 however, many clubs will be preparing and having various presentations for your teams and the following protocols must be followed.
Community sport can continue during this time, however, Stage 2 restrictions detailed below are too be followed:
• You must wear a face mask at all times when you are indoors, and outdoors when you are unable to stay 1.5 metres away from people who are not from your household. There are some exceptions to wearing face masks, including when people are participating in strenuous exercise, you are eating or drinking, children under 12 (unless they are in high school) and people with particular medical conditions or disabilities. However, if in doubt, it is recommended you wear a face mask.
Occupant density limits
• Indoor – one person per four square metres or 75% capacity with ticketed and allocated seating
• Smaller venues (up to 200sqm) – one person per two square metres, up to a maximum of 50
• Outdoor – one person per two square metres
Organisations must comply with the relevant COVID Safe Checklist which in most cases includes the collection of contact information through the Check In Qld App.
As a reminder occupant density and physical distancing measures do not apply to the field of play, however attendees must observe physical distancing off the field of play, to the extent possible.
Indoor and Outdoor Events
• Up to 75% allocated seated and ticketed capacity for indoor and outdoor events or one person per four square metres indoors and one person per two square metres outdoors.
• Up to 75% ticketed capacity with allocated seating (with COVID Safe Site-Specific Plan)
• Spectators attending stadiums at major and smaller venues must wear a mask at all times, even while they are seated, except when eating or drinking or if they have a permitted reason not to. You cannot consume food or drink while standing in a stadium, but you may remove your mask briefly to eat or drink when seated.
Please continue to monitor the Restrictions in Queensland website for further information regarding Stage 2 restrictions.