About Rugby League Brisbane
Rugby League Brisbane (RLB) manages the largest combined Rugby League competition in Australia with approximately 16,000 player registration (12,500 juniors and 3,500 seniors) across 56 clubs, who field 891 teams in 101 competitions, playing over 450 games each week. The organisation supports community-based Rugby League Clubs across the Greater Brisbane Region and manages competitions for junior boys and girls, senior men and women, as well as A-Grade and over 35 Masters for men and women.
RLB are targeting a potential Independent Board member with expertise in one (or more) of the following areas:
• Sport Industry & Government networking
• Sponsorship & Fundraising
• General Duties of a RLB Board Director
The general duties include being involved in the following non-exhaustive list of activities:
• Determine the strategic direction of RLB
• Approve, monitor, and review the financial and non-financial performance of the organisation
• Be a member of the RLB Governance sub-committee or other committees as requested
• Ensure the organisation complies with all relevant laws, codes of conduct and appropriate standards of behaviour
RLB Board meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month and sub-committee meetings are held a minimum of monthly. The RLB Board comprises directors who collectively have the skills, knowledge, and experience to effectively govern and direct the organisation. Previous Board experience is preferred, though not essential. To be eligible as an Independent Director, applicants must not have been a member of any local league in the previous twelve-month period.
To apply for this role, please email an expression of your interest outlining your reasons for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 17th September 2021.